The monetization of content is the primary aim of any content provider. OpenTV Platform provides flexible purchasing functions, and gives you all of the promotional tools that you need to help you increase subscriber numbers and maximise revenue.
OpenTV Platform’s Purchase Server supports all the purchasing models expected by today’s consumers, including:
- live and on-demand subscriptions
- pay-per-view (PPV) events
- video on demand (VOD) rentals
- purchasing content to view offline, or on multiple devices
- purchasing content to keep it (EST).
The Purchase Server can track the status of purchases and grant applicable rights to devices based on purchase status. It also easily integrates with other operator platforms that handle associated functions such as billing and payments, reporting, and offline purchasing.
Increase user subscriptions and the sales of paid content using promotions. OpenTV Platform provides an Offer Management System (OMS) that enables the management of various types of promotions, such as:
- Time limited discounts on content of a particular genre, for example, ‘half-price horror movies on Friday nights in October’.
- New subscription offers, for example, ‘First 3 months of subscription to premium sports channel free’.
- Multi-buy discounts, for example, ‘buy 3 movies get 1 free’.
Tap into additional revenue streams using advertising. OpenTV Platform supports many popular advertising models, in both live and on-demand streams, including:
- Insertion of pre-, mid- and post-roll ads
- Companion ads, on video overlays or banners
Using our OpenTV Player, you can also prevent ad skipping to ensure that the ads are seen by consumers.
Manage access to content from all devices in the home, be they set-top-boxes, PCs, tablets or mobile phones. With the Home Domain Manager, multiple devices and users can be linked to a single account, allowing fast authentication across devices and user, while filtering available content based on the device type or user details.
See the full list of Commerce features available, by version.